Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Brown

So, in case some of you have missed it, my custom message on Google Talk for the last 2-3 years has reflected my progress in karate. In other words Kyle, The Green = Green Belt. Kyle, The Blue = Blue Belt.

I am pleased to announce that I have changed my custom message to . . .

- drum roll -

The Brown

Grading and practices these last couple of weeks have been really good. I didn't feel ready to grade up, so I was very surprised when the instructor announced my name (all lower belts are told when they are ready to grade, but brown and above just get surprised).

For those of you who don't know, in Shotokai Karate, Brown Belt is the last student grade/first instructor grade (I am now qualified to teach karate). After Brown comes 1st Black and then up to 5th Black (5th is the highest rank). Jenny is almost as excited for me as I am to see my progress.

1 comment: